Studying Geography at A-Level is an opportunity to gain a further understanding on the natural landscapes and Human Environments. We provide a dynamic, contemporary and exciting opportunity for students to engage with the world around them. Designe
Programme and Course Content:
EDEXCEL A (2016):
Paper 1-30% 2hours 15minutes (Dynamic landscapes):
- Natural landscapes and coasts
- Water cycle and water insecurity
- Carbon cycle and energy security
Paper 2-30% 2 hours 15minutes (Dynamic places)
- Shaping places- Regeneration
- Global development and connections (Migration, identity and sovereignty)
Paper 3 20% 2hours 15minutes (Physical systems and sustainability)
- Synoptic themes of; global players, attitudes and actions, futures and uncertainties.
Paper 4 (20%) (Human systems Geopolitics fieldwork)
- You will complete an individual investigation which must include data collected in the field. The individual investigation will be based on a question defined and developed relating to part of the specification content.
How is it delivered:
80% examination (3 papers) 20% coursework
Through a combination of classroom teaching, internal workshops and outdoor field visits, students will develop a greater understanding of Geography on a range of scales over the 2 years.