Apprenticeship Framework 504 - Level 2 Engineering Improving Operational Performance (Electrical/Electronic Pathway)
If you are a highly-motivated individual with a passion for technology and employed in the Electrical/Electronic aspects of the engineering industry then this is the course for you. This programme will help you to achieve high level skills in purpose-built workshops at College while gaining on-the-job experience with an employer.
What you will study
The units you will study are:
NVQ Units Completed:
· QPEO2/001: Working safely in an engineering environment
· QPEO2/002: Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
· QPEO2/003: Using and communicating technical information
· QPEO2/033: Wiring and testing electrical equipment and circuits
· QPEO2/035: Assembling, wiring and testing electrical panels/components mounted in enclosures
· QPEO2/036: Assembling and testing electronic circuits
· Functional Skills in maths and English
· Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) work booklet
· Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
You will need three GCSEs at Grade D or above or equivalent in English, a science and one other subject. However, you will also need a Level 1 Numeracy qualification.
If you do not have the relevant level of qualification, we can assess your current level of literacy and/or numeracy and a place on the course may still be offered.
You could progress to an advanced apprenticeship in Engineering or an NVQ level 3, followed by a higher apprenticeship or HNC/HND and then onto a foundation degree.
The NVQ Level 2 qualifies you to undertake a craftsman role within engineering.